Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the summer school will not be held in 2020.
The Data Science Summer School is organized for the third time in Romania by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies – the International Relations Office, the Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, and the Faculty of Finance and Banking, together with renowned specialists from the USA, Norway, Spain and Austria.
The goal of the summer school is to familiarize students with relevant state of the art topics in data science. The program will cover fundamentals of data science and focus on the following key data science topics:
- Data analytics and statistics
- Machine learning
- Text processing
- Data management and visualization
- Applications in finance and economics
The program will consist of a combination of lecture-style talks introducing various data science paradigms and methods, hands-on sessions, and student projects.
The summer school aims to have a practical orientation, with Python and Jupyter Notebooks being used to exemplify many of the topics covered at the summer school.
At the end of the summer school, the students are expected to have an understanding of key paradigms used in data science and be able to practically apply them in data science projects.
- Familiarity with computer programming and basic knowledge about Python, interest in working with data, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn new things!
- Basic knowledge of linear algebra, probability theory, knowledge representation would be useful, though not strictly necessary.
- English, at least B2 (according to European language levels – Self Assessment Grid)
- In order to ensure a sufficient level of knowledge, the Summer School is aimed at prospective students with at least a Bachelor’s Degree.